On-Campus Employment

F-1 Students
To work on-campus at UNT, students in F-1 status must meet the following requirements:

  • Be in valid F-1 status at UNT.
  • Enrolled in a full course of study at UNT in the fall and spring terms [12 credits for undergraduates, 9 credits for graduate students, 3 credits for dissertators].

Requirements Regarding Employment:

  • Employment must be on-campus.  This includes work in the UNT student union, libraries, recreational centers, and in academic and administrative departments.
  • During the fall and spring terms, you may work up to 20 hours per week.  There is no exception to the 20 hour-per-week ceiling, even if the employment is a teaching or research assistantship.
    • Scheduled Vacation Periods (summer, semester break):  Students who have maintained full-time status before the vacation, intend to register for the following semester, and who are not enrolled during the vacation period may work on campus full-time.

As a full-time student, you do not need permission from the International Student and Scholar Services office to work on-campus up to 20 hours per week.  You will need to show your employer documents which establish your identification and employment eligibility, as listed on the I-9 form all new employees must complete.

Please visit our Employment FAQ for more information. 

Visit the UNT Career Center to find current job openings.