Effective April 15, 2014, nonimmigrant students and exchange visitors choosing to pay their I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee by Western Union will be required to complete the Form I-901 at www.fmjfee.com prior to visiting Western Union. This change is part of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program’s (SEVP) ongoing efforts to streamline the payment process, allowing for real-time posting of Western Union payments and permitting students to immediately print their I-901 SEVIS fee payment confirmation. There is no change to the payment process when paying the fee by credit or debit card, check or money order.
Designated school officials, please inform your nonimmigrant students to follow the detailed payment instructions below when using Western Union:
- Fill out the Form I-901 online at www.fmjfee.com. A payment coupon will be generated upon completion of the form.
- Print a copy of the payment coupon and take it to your local Western Union.
- Fill out the Quick Collect/Quick Pay Form according to the information found at the bottom of the printed coupon. Example below:
- Company Name (or Code City): SEVISFEE
- Account Number: Coupon Number (ex: 010222013872390)
- Amount: 200.00* for F-1 students. $180 for J-1’s with Ds-2019’s issued by UNT.
- *Please note that the payment amount may differ according to your specific visa type.
- Present the coupon and your payment to the Western Union Agent for processing.
Payment will be linked to your Form I-901 and your online payment confirmation will be available immediately at www.fmjfee.com.
Important Information for Nonimmigrant Students and Exchange Visitors:
- You must complete the Form I-901 online at www.fmjfee.com prior to visiting your local Western Union. Completing the form online will generate a unique coupon number that you will need to validate and process your I-901 SEVIS fee payment at Western Union. You cannot submit a payment via Western Union without the coupon number.
- You do not have to print and bring the coupon to Western Union; you only need the unique coupon number in order to submit your payment.
- If a third party is paying your I-901 SEVIS fee on your behalf, you will need to provide them with your coupon number to enter into the Account Number field of the Western Union Quick Pay/Quick Collect Form.
For additional information about the I-901 SEVIS fee payment process, visit Study in the States. If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact the SEVP Response Center at 703-603-3400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Broadcast Message is not a substitute for applicable legal requirements, nor is it itself a rule or a final action by SEVP. It is not intended to, does not, and may not be relied upon to create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law by any party in any administrative, civil, or criminal matter.