Transfer Students

I entered the U.S. on another school's I-20, but I really want to come to UNT. Is that OK?
Please consult International Student and Scholar Services about the possibility of transferring.

I am going to transfer to another school. Can you release my SEVIS record right away so I can get the I-20 from my new school?
If you are still enrolled and/or working on campus, you will have to wait until your enrollment or work has ended before we release your SEVIS record. 

If I am out of status, can I transfer to another school?
Yes, that may be possible. If you are out of status, we must terminate your SEVIS record. We can transfer that terminated record to the new school. You can then decide with them if it is better for you to do a reinstatement, or re-enter the U.S.