INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENT PROCESS
- Initiate the Establishment of an International Agreement
- UNT faculty or staff interested in establishing an international agreement should first discuss the proposed agreement with their College Dean and Department Chair.
- If the UNT College Dean approves establishing the international agreement, the UNT faculty or staff must complete the UNT International Agreement Proposal form, obtain signatures from the Dean and Department Chair, and submit the completed form to UNT International.
- Negotiate the Agreement
- UNT International drafts the agreement or reviews the partner’s agreement template. UNT International shares the agreement with the UNT College Dean, Department Chair, and UNT faculty/staff agreement contact for review and feedback.
- UNT International shares the agreement with the partner institution for review and feedback. UNT International will clarify/negotiate the agreement with the partner institution.
- Legal Review and Approval
- UNT International asks the partner institution’s legal office to review and provide approval.
- UNT International asks UNTS Office of General Counsel to review and provide approval. If the agreement is in a UNTS OGC approved template and there are no changes to the template, UNTS OGC does not need to review and provide approval.
- Executing the Agreement
- UNT International routes the agreement at UNT for signature. The UNT College Dean first signs on the “acknowledged by” line. After the UNT College Dean signs, the UNT President/Provost signs the agreement on behalf of UNT. Only the UNT President/Provost have the legal authority to sign an international agreement on behalf of UNT.
- UNT International mails via courier mail the agreement to the partner institution. The partner institution returns one copy of the executed agreement to UNT.
- UNT International provides an electronic copy of the executed agreement to the UNT College Dean, Department Chair, and UNT faculty/staff.
- UNT International maintains an electronic record of the agreement in the ImageNow Database.
- The UNT faculty/staff provide an annual report of the collaborative activities occurring through the international agreement.
Amanda White Bennett, Director of Global Engagement
Amanda.White@unt.edu or 940- 369-5292.