Intensive English Language Institute at University of North Texas
University of North Texas founded the Intensive English Language Institute in 1977.
Over the course of nearly 40 years, the Intensive English Language Institute has developed prestigious programs to help international students learn, develop and improve their academic skills in English.
Classrooms are conveniently located on the UNT campus in the lively city of Denton, Texas.
Campus is approximately 30 minutes north of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Many students choose to continue their education at UNT upon completion of their academic English program. The majority of these students choose to enroll in the UNT College of Engineering, College of Business, and College of Arts and Sciences.
Intensive English Language Institute Advantage
- Standardized curriculum aligns well with UNT's expectations and goals. Prepares students for academic success at the university.
- The Institute offers conditional admission to many UNT undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Offices and classrooms centrally located in Marquis Hall. Students surrounded by educational opportunities and cultural experiences.
- Safety, wellness and happiness are of the utmost importance.
Social events and activities
Transportation from the airport
New Student orientation
Health and Wellness Center
Multiple on-campus libraries
State-of-the-art language and computer labs
- The Academic English program offers (5) 8-week terms throughout the year. Students may begin in January, March, June, August, or October.
- IELI's Pre-Master's programs with the College of Business and College of Merchandising, Hospitality & Tourism offer two start dates.
- Denton is an ideal place to live and study.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Intensive English Language Institute academic program has been accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) since 2005 and was recently reaccredited until 2025. The CEA is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a national accrediting agency.
For more information:
Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
1001 N. Fairfax Street, Suite 630
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Intensive English Language Institute is also a member in good standing of the consortium of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP) and the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP).
The University of North Texas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. IELI is included in this accreditation.
The mission of the Intensive English Language Institute is to provide the highest quality academic English instruction, student services, and professional development programs.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-940-565-2003