University of North Texas founded the Intensive English Language Institute in 1977. Over the course of 40 years, the Intensive English Language Institute has developed prestigious programs to help international students learn, develop and improve their academic skills in English.
Classrooms are conveniently located on the UNT campus in the lively city of Denton, Texas, approximately 30 minutes north of the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Many students choose to continue their education at UNT and enroll in the College of Engineering, College of Business, and College of Arts and Sciences.
- Standardized curriculum aligns well with UNT's expectations and goals. Prepares students for university success.
- The Institute offers conditional admission to many UNT undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Offices and classrooms centrally located in Marquis Hall.
- Safety, wellness and happiness are of the utmost importance.
- (5) 8-week terms are held throughout the year. Students may begin in January, March, June, August, or October.
- IELI's Pre-Master's programs with the College of Business and College of Merchandising, Hospitality & Tourism offer two start dates.
- Denton is an ideal place to live and study.
The Intensive English Language Institute academic program has been accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) since 2005 and was recently reaccredited until 2025.
Commission on English Language Program Accreditation
1001 N. Fairfax Street, Suite 630
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Intensive English Language Institute is also a member in good standing of the consortium of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP) and the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP).
The University of North Texas is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Academic English courses prepare international students for university success. The program includes 7 levels (0-6) and offers five 8-week sessions per year. Highly qualified teachers provide 23 hours of instruction each week. This program is ideal for students who want to study at the University of North Texas or other universities in the United States.
Pathway programs offer conditional admission to UNT while students finish their final term at IELI.
INTERNATIONAL TEACHING ASSISTANTS TRAINING
This 10-week program helps international Teaching Assistants and Teaching Fellows to develop English speaking and teaching skills in the American classroom.
Programs include teaching and training both in Denton or Abroad.