TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAMS
The Intensive English Language Institute has extensive experience assisting educational institutions at either the UNT campus in Denton, Texas or international locations. IELI helps organizations improve curriculum, raise academic standards, and support faculty professional development. Teacher training programs typically include professional development workshops focusing on Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and leadership, ESL and university class observations, practice teaching, and, if needed, English instruction. Participants may also design capstone projects and present them at a mini-conference held at UNT.
- Azerbaijan: Partnership with Qafqaz University, Azerbaijan - English language instruction, teacher training, and cultural workshops to a group of teachers and administrators from Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan
- Chile: High school English teachers from Chile attended a teacher training course on best practices and participated in cultural workshops.
- Mexico: Mexico’s Proyecta 100,000 initiative provides customized training for English teachers who visit IELI for three weeks.
- Russia: USIA-sponsored Excellence in Education Program. IELI instructor was selected to teach English language and teacher training courses at Ivanovo State Power University, Ivanovo, Russia.
- Thailand: Customized English and academic skills training program for Rajabhat University professors at Chiang Mai, Thailand, before they pursued Ph.D. programs in the United States.
- Professional development and support services to the English Preparatory School at Zirve University in Gaziantep, Turkey.
- Intensive professional development programs to new and continuing faculty members on a variety of TESOL topics, including classroom management and assessment.
- Faculty members served as on-site teacher trainers for one year.
- Administrators organized a conference on innovative TESOL best practices and latest pedagogical issues for teachers in Gaziantep, Turkey.
- Turkish instructors participated in an eight-week advanced teacher-training program at IELI especially designed to suit their needs as senior instructors and academic coordinators at the English Preparation School at Zirve University.