*Please note: International Student Orientation Hold will release ONLY after attending orientation. Arriving late to the university may compromise your ability to register for classes. Be sure to arrive by the arrival deadline stated on your I-20 or DS-2019. Questions or concerns? firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-565-2195
ORIENTATION & DOCUMENT CHECK IN
Are you coming to UNT on an F-1 or J-1 Visa?
- Undergraduate (Freshman/Transfer) students are required to attend International Student Orientation and the university Freshman or Transfer Orientation.
- Graduate students are required to attend the International Student Orientation and Graduate School Orientation.
NOTE: You must bring your passport and UNT I-20 or DS-2019
Students on other visa types, Internet-based (IB) only students, returning and continuing student must visit the International Advising Center, Marquis Hall 110 for Immigration Document Check-In. Registration is not required. Please bring your passport and immigration documents. Check this page for more information and contact International Student and Scholar Services at 940-565-2195 or e-mail I20@unt.edu with any questions.
Freshman and Transfer students
- Register for university orientation with Orientation & Transition Programs.
- To register, log-in to http://my.unt.edu with your EUID and password. Click on "Student Center," then "Register for Orientation."
- Visit the Orientation & Transition Programs Orientation page, or visit in person in the University Union, Suite 377.
- 940-565-4198 for more details and payment options.
TEXAS SUCCESS INITIAIVE TESTING - REQUIRED FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- TSI test is required for new students to a Texas public higher education institution.
- Texas Success Initiative 940-369-7006 Learning.Center@unt.edu
- Teaching Excellence Seminar: Attendance is required for all new TA/TFs. For more information, visit CLEAR.
- Music Majors: Must attend Music orientation and placement exams at time specified in Music Admission letter. You may attend an alternate session for International Student Orientation.
- Other Majors: Look over your admissions letter carefully, some majors require Department orientations.
Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Requirement
- Required for ALL incoming international students to the University of North Texas.
- International students must be screened and/or tested for TB in the first three weeks after the 12th day of class.
- Failure to do so will result in a block preventing you from registering for classes. UNT Health and Wellness Center for more information.
- Effective October 1, 2013, all new students, including transfer students, must show evidence of receipt of an initial bacterial meningitis vaccination (meningococcal meningitis vaccine) dose or booster in the last five years and at least ten days prior to the first day of the semester in which the student initially enrolls.
- This new law also applies to any student returning to school after a break in enrollment for a fall or spring semester.
- Students 22 years of age or older are not required to submit evidence of meningococcal meningitis vaccination.
- Click Here for more information.
- There are 14 dormitories on the UNT campus to choose from.
- Dormitories are limited, so apply as soon as you can.
- Check out the UNT Housing website for more information.
- REAL (Residents Engaged in Academic Living) Community is a great option for students of the same major/interests to live together in a wing within a dormitory.
- There are numerous apartments around campus, many within walking distance.
- Apartments vary in price and some are fully furnished.
- Start your search at UNT's Off-Housing website or www.apartmentsearch.com.