HOW DO I ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS?
Have you applied yet? Visit the International Admissions page to apply.
Here's what to expect after applying for admission and how to check your international application status.
Once you have been accepted and admitted to a program, move on to the next step.
Congratulations on your admission to the University of North Texas. International Student and Scholar Services is here to assist you in navigating the complex United States immigration system.
If you plan to study here on an F-1 visa and need an I-20 from UNT, please read Financial Requirements for International Students to learn in detail about how much funding you will need and what type of documentation is acceptable.
Once you have been accepted into a program and required documentation has been submitted to iNorthTX, our office will begin processing your document request. Please allow at least 7-10 business days for document evaluation. During this time, please continue to check your email account on file with UNT and the iNorthTX portal for any additional requirements.
Prospective F-1 visa students will receive an email once their I-20 has been issued. This information includes how to receive the I-20, the student’s SEVIS ID and the UNT SEVIS school code.
All new F-1 and J-1 Students must attend a mandatory International Student Orientation to be eligible to register for classes. Prospective international students planning to attend UNT on another visa type must meet additional specific requirements.
Students planning to attend classes with a UNT I-20 must show financial support for their studies. We cannot issue an I-20 without financial documentation. The Financial Requirements for International Students page outlines the minimum financial requirements and acceptable document types which applicants may submit. The information will also assist you in completing the International Student Statement of Responsibility.
Please note that the International Student and Scholar Services office CANNOT evaluate documents until an applicant is admitted. Please allow at least 7-10 business days for document evaluation. Only documents submitted via iNorthTX will be evaluated.
Other questions about financial requirements? Please visit our Financial Documentation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Students attending UNT on another visa type do not have to attend International Student Orientation, but are required to complete Immigration Document Check-In. Please visit iNorthTX to complete documentation.
If you are currently studying at another school in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, there are additional steps that you must take so that we can issue your I-20. Once you are admitted and decide to attend UNT, please begin the below process promptly:
- Please visit iNorthTX to complete required documentation.
- Notify the school you are currently attending that you have been admitted to UNT. You will need to show your UNT admission letter to the immigration advisor at your current school.
- Your current school will release your electronic SEVIS record to UNT Denton (school code DAL214F00610000). Please note that UNT does not require a Transfer Clearance form prior to SEVIS release. If your advisor has information they feel we should know about your immigration record, please have them send an email to I20@unt.edu.
- UNT will receive your record through SEVIS.
- If all required documents are on file, UNT will issue you a new I-20. We will email you once the I-20 is ready and you may pick this I-20 up from our office (Marquis Hall Room 110), or we can mail it to you.
- You must have a new I-20 before you can register for classes at UNT.
Have additional questions? Please visit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for transfer students.
Arriving later than the start date listed on your I-20? Please read the information located here.
Additional resources that you might find helpful are listed below:
- International Student Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Affidavit of Provision of Room and Meals by U.S. Provider
- Receiving your I-20 through eShipGlobal
- ISSS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- International Student Orientation Process
- International Student Organizations
- Toulouse Graduate School Resources for New & Current Students
- Airport Super Shuttle
- Paying Your UNT Tuition
- UNT International Admissions