HOW DO I ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS?
Students planning to attend classes with a UNT I-20 must show financial support for their studies. We cannot issue an I-20 without financial documentation. The Financial Requirements for International Students page outlines the minimum financial requirements and acceptable document types which applicants may submit.
Please note that the International Student and Scholar Services office CANNOT evaluate documents until an applicant is admitted. Please allow at least 7-10 business days for document evaluation. Only documents submitted via iNorthTX will be evaluated.
Other questions about financial requirements? Please visit our Financial Documentation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
Students attending UNT on another visa type do not have to attend International Student Orientation, but are required to complete Immigration Document Check-In. Please visit iNorthTX to complete documentation.
If you are currently studying at another school in the U.S. on an F-1 visa, there are additional steps that you must take so that we can issue your I-20. Once you are admitted and decide to attend UNT, please begin the below process promptly:
- Please visit iNorthTX to complete required documentation.
- Notify the school you are currently attending that you have been admitted to UNT. You will need to show your UNT admission letter to the immigration advisor at your current school.
- Your current school will release your electronic SEVIS record to UNT Denton (school code DAL214F00610000). Please note that UNT does not require a Transfer Clearance form prior to SEVIS release. If your advisor has information they feel we should know about your immigration record, please have them send an email to I20@unt.edu.
- UNT will receive your record through SEVIS.
- If all required documents are on file, UNT will issue you a new I-20. We will email you once the I-20 is ready and you may pick this I-20 up from our office (Marquis Hall Room 110), or we can mail it to you.
- You must have a new I-20 before you can register for classes at UNT.
Have additional questions? Please visit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for transfer students.
Arriving later than the start date listed on your I-20? Please read the information located here.
Additional resources that you might find helpful are listed below:
- International Student Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Affidavit of Provision of Room and Meals by U.S. Provider
- Receiving your I-20 through eShipGlobal
- ISSS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- International Student Orientation Process
- International Student Organizations
- Toulouse Graduate School Resources for New & Current Students
- Airport Super Shuttle
- Paying Your UNT Tuition
- UNT International Admissions