Coming to UNT

How early can I arrive in the U.S.?
You can arrive a maximum of 30 days before the begin date on the I-20 or DS-2019.

I want to study at UNT or IELI. How do I get an I-20?
Please visit the UNT Admissions office page and/or IELI Admissions website to learn more about how to apply.  Once you apply through those offices, have submitted all necessary documentation to those offices, and are admitted to a program, the International Student and Scholar Services office will be notified so that we may begin processing your documents for the purpose of issuing an I-20.

Am I considered an international student?
Generally, any student who is not a United States citizen or who does not hold a Permanent Resident Alien card (Green card) is classified as an international student – even if the student can claim Texas residency.

How much money do I have to show in order to receive an I-20?
You will need to verify that you have enough for all tuition, fees and living expenses for a 9-month academic year, unless you are starting your program in the summer or Spring II term (only for IELI students). Then you will have to verify funds for a 12-month academic year.  The Financial Requirements page itemizes this information.