Requirements for Financial Documents (Bank Statements)
- Documents must be in English, or we must have the original language version and a certified English translation stamped by the financial institution.
- The bank statement must include the account holder’s name, date, account type in English, account balance, and currency type.
- The date on the bank statement must be less than twelve (12) months old when the I-20 is issued.
- Documents must have a signature, official seal, or include letterhead from an official agency.
- If the statement is a web printout, it must include the web link/URL.
- Checking or savings accounts
- Term/fixed/time deposits (statement must specify a maturity date before the class start date)
- Certificate of deposit (CD), mutual, stock, or bond funds (must state the total amount currently available for withdrawal after penalty).
NOTE: Credit cards, life insurance, retirement and/or pension funds are not acceptable.