As an Exchange Visitor (EV) host, it is up to the department, faculty or staff member to:
- Determine department eligibility for EV.
- Arrange for EV space, ID card, library access and other campus necessities.
- Gather DS-2019 documentation and upload with request
- Ensure EV is aware of health insurance requirements for J-1/J-2s.
- Mail DS-2019 and original department invitation letter to EV.
- Arrange for pick-up at airport.
- Assist EV with finding housing.
- Provide assistance with other settling in matters.
- Assist with obtaining a UNT EUID. All EVs MUST be in UNT’s EIS database and apply for an EUID via the form VPAA-40a. Be sure to enroll the EV in the UNT Eagle Alert Emergency Notification system using the same form.
- Notify email@example.com if the EV is not able to enter the U.S. by the begin date on form DS-2019. SEVIS must be updated to reflect a new entry date.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of the arrival of EV and schedule J Orientation. MUST attend J Orientation within 5 business days of DS-2019 start date.
- If EV will be employed by UNT, take EV to Social Security office to apply for Social Security number.
- Complete required employment and insurance forms for Payroll and HR.
- Apply for extension of DS-2019 if EV is authorized and needs to extend stay. Extension MUST be issued BEFORE the end date of the current DS-2019.
- Notify email@example.com of any expected changes to the EV's program at UNT such as changes in Hosting Faculty, location of activities, etc.
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org when EV leaves.
- Immediately notify email@example.com of any Exchange Visitor Reportable Incidents. Example: EV Death, EV Missing, EV Serious Illness, EV Involved in a Crime, Negative Press Involving Sponsor’s Exchange Program, etc. If you are unsure what constitutes a Reportable Incident, contact our office at 940-565-2195.
Revised February 13, 2020