Meet students from around the world and experience authentic foods at Global EncoUNTers. Global EncoUNTers is an educational and social event series hosted by international students/organizations that have volunteered to present their culture, history, and heritage to the UNT community. The informative presentation, Q&A sessions, and traditional foods help to strengthen cross-cultural understanding, appreciation, and friendship.
Join us for a unique look at cultures around the world with NationaliTEA and World Brew. These casual mixers allow students the opportunity to sample international beverages and snacks and to explore cultural aspects of the highlighted countries. Guest speakers may include students, faculty, or staff that have spent a considerable amount of time in the featured location.
English Conversation CommUNiTy
- Meet students from around the world
- Practice English language conversation skills
- Foster relationships among peers from different cultures
- Contribute to UNT's caring nature by helping to build campus community
- International and American students are encouraged to participate
- Meets every Friday at Noon during each long semester
Language Exchange Tables
- World language conversation tables
- Learn a language!
- Share a language!
- Languages have included Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, English, Chinese, Portuguese, Persian, and German
- Meets every Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. during each long semester
- World Fair
- International Dance Party
- International Mother Language Day
- University Day Parade