The purpose of the International Student TPEG is to provide limited financial assistance to eligible non-immigrant international students on F and J visas. Students must demonstrate financial need to pay the estimated minimum tuition, fees, and other expenses for enrollment in UNT-only credit-bearing coursework.
- IELI students and non-degree seeking students are not eligible for the TPEG.
- Students on Optional Practical Training will not be considered for TPEG awards.
An award is not guaranteed. Priority consideration will be given to applicants who complete the application process early. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review. The application opens March 1, 2018, and closes May 1, 2018, at 11:59 pm.
- Applicants must meet all criteria to be eligible.
- Student must be a continuing international student in good immigration status with a valid passport, student visa, and all required immigration documents.
- Must be a UNT-only student for the Fall 2017 and/or Spring 2018 semesters.
- Student must be enrolled fulltime or be approved for less than fulltime enrollment during the next school year.
- Fulltime enrollment for undergraduates is 12 credit hours.
- Fulltime enrollment for graduates or 2nd Bachelor is 9 credit hours.
- At the time of application student must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Student must demonstrate legal employment for the previous term or year.
- Student must demonstrate financial need by completing the TPEG application form and providing all required support documents.