J-1 Travel Endorsement

Are you leaving the U.S. during your program?

  1. Is your visa currently expired / will it be expired before you plan to re-enter the U.S.?  If yes, consider visa appointment availability and processing time.
  2. Do you have a Valid Travel Endorsement, that is less than 1 year old from the time you plan to re-enter the U.S.? If not, it will need to be endorsed BEFORE you leave the U.S. Look at the bottom right of your DS-2019.If unsure, please contact the J-1 Advisor.
  3. When making the decision to leave the US, please know that Travel Bans and other immigration situations change rapidly. Please refer to and continue to monitor immigration updates.

Travel Document Screenshot

*If you need a Travel Endorsment, E-Mail the J-1 Advisor at least 14 days BEFORE leaving the U.S. 

Please note that if you require a Travel Endorsement and have already left the U.S. or do not contact us within 14 days of departing the U.S., you could be required to pay for DS-2019 shipping to your home country. Contact the J-1 Advisor for shipping instructions.