The North Star Turkish Scholarship is a competitive scholarship. It provides support to undergraduate and graduate students at UNT with a proven interest in and connection to the language, history, culture and/or studies of Turkey as illustrated through a personal statement of no more than 1,000 words.
The North Star Turkish Scholarship recipients agree to write a personal acknowledgment letter to scholarship Donors and attend networking events with scholarship Donors when schedules allow.
The North Star Turkish Scholarship Application is included in UNT's Eagle Scholarship Application.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be in good academic standing;
- Student must meet full-time enrollment status requirements unless approved otherwise;
- Student must be enrolled in a degree granting program at UNT (IELI students are not eligible);
- Student must write an essay of no more than 1,000 words illustrating a proven interest in and connection to the language, history, culture and/or studies of Turkey,
- If applicable, the applicant shall include no less than 100 words written in Turkish in the personal statement;
- Student must agree, if selected, to:
- Write a personal acknowledgment letter to the Donors
- Attend networking events with the Donors when available