Beginning March 24, 2018, F-1 students in a period of approved Post-Completion or STEM OPT must update their personal and employment information via the SEVP OPT Portal.
You are required by U.S. immigration regulations to report any change of your personal and employment information to the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days, including any end to employment.
Additionally, students on STEM OPT are required to send a report validating personal and employment information to our office every 6 months, beginning the date the STEM OPT starts. STEM OPT students will NOT be able to add or cancel employer informatoin through the OPT Portal. Please use this form to update your information instead.
Visit the SEVP OPT Portal Help section prior to submitting this form. Be sure to check your spam/junk folders for your account access link. If you are unable to access your account or need to update your email address, please submit the form below.
If you are currently on the 24 month STEM extension, you may not add or remove an employer via the OPT Portal.
You are required to do the following:
1. Submit the following employer information to International Student & Scholar Services
- Company Name and Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Company Physical Address, City, State and Zip Code
- Job Title
- Employment Start Date
- Explanation of how employment is directly related to field of study (2-3 sentences)
2. Turn in a final evaluation from your current employer within 10 days of the employment end date
3. Submit a new I-983 for your new employer
All of the above may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate below that you understand this information and agree to meet these requirements.