EV must prove sufficient funding.
Proof of financial support should be submitted with the DS-2019 Request Form. The financial support proof submitted must cover the costs for the duration of their program.
- $1,300/month for the J-1 EV
- $420/month for the J-2 Spouse
- $420/month per J-2 Child
Financial Support Documents:
- Documents must be in English, or original language version must include a certified/stamped English translation. Notarized versions not permitted.
- Documents must bear a signature, official seal, or be on letterhead from an official agency.
- Documents must state available account type and account balance - funds must be accessible/liquid.
- Documents must be DATED and less than 12 months old.
- Statement must include account holder’s name, date, account type and balance, and currency.
- If the statement is a web printout, it must include the web link/URL.
- If using home country employment, the letter from the employer must be on business letterhead, identify the amount of pay, whether it is weekly, monthly, annually; and specify if the scholar will continue to be paid during his/her J-1 visit.