Applications are open annually from May 1 to July 1.
The purpose of the TPEG is to provide limited financial assistance to eligible non-immigrant international students on F and J visas. Students must demonstrate financial need to pay the estimated minimum tuition, fees, and other expenses for enrollment in UNT credit-bearing coursework.
IELI students and non-degree seeking students are not eligible for the TPEG
- Students on Optional Practical Training will not be considered for TPEG awards
An award is not guaranteed. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
- Newly admitted international students are not eligible to apply.
- Student must hold a valid passport, student visa, and all required immigration documents.
- Student must be enrolled fulltime or be approved for less than fulltime enrollment during the next school year.
- Fulltime enrollment for undergraduates is 12 credit hours.
- Fulltime enrollment for graduates is 9 credit hours.
- At the time of application student must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Students must be in good financial standing with the university. Students with past due balances at time of funding are not eligible.
- Students must be paying non-resident tuition.
TPEG is a grant, not a competitive scholarship. Grant awardees do NOT qualify for in-state tuition waivers.
If awarded, funding will be applied directly to UNT tuition after the 12th day of classes in the Fall semester.