Applications are open annually in May
IELI students and non-degree seeking students are not eligible for the TPEG-I
- Students on Optional Practical Training will not be considered for TPEG-I awards
An award is not guaranteed. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review.
- Student must hold a valid passport, student visa, and all required immigration documents.
- Newly admitted international students are NOT eligible.
- Student must be enrolled at UNT one full academic year prior to application.
- Student must be enrolled fulltime or be approved for less than fulltime enrollment during the next school year.
- Fulltime enrollment for undergraduates is 12 credit hours.
- Fulltime enrollment for graduates is 9 credit hours.
- Student must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Student must be in good financial standing with the university.
- Student must be paying non-resident tuition.
TPEG-I is a grant, not a competitive scholarship. Grant awardees do NOT qualify for in-state tuition waivers. Grants do not need to be repaid.
If awarded, funding will be applied directly to UNT tuition at the end of October in the Fall semester.