Ready to Apply to the Intensive English Language Institute?

Click on the phrase that best describes you:

I am outside the United States and need an F-1 student visa.
I am in the United States on an F-1 visa and want to transfer to IELI.
I am a permanent resident or United States citizen.
I am in the United States on an F-2 or another visa (J-1, J-2, etc)

Submit the following documents* based on your visa status

New Student
(Outside the U.S.)

Transfer Student
(Inside the U.S.)

Other Visa Type
(F-2, J-1, J-2, H-1, etc.)

Permanent Resident  or U.S. Citizen

Copy of Passport

Proof of High School Graduation (high school diploma, university diploma, or transcripts)**

Bank Statement or Financial Guarantee/Sponsorship Letter

IELI Statement of Financial Responsibility   


Transcripts from current English Language Program


Copies of dependents' passports if you are bringing a spouse/children who need F-2 visas


Copy of your visa


Permanent Resident Card or copy of Approved Notice for your application


*All documents must be in English. If they are not in English, you must provide a certified English translation (with the translator’s certifications) in addition to the original document.
** IELI accepts unofficial copies of diplomas or transcripts. 
For more information: or 940-565-2003