Non-Resident Tuition Waiver
UNT’s Mexican Waiver provides eligible undergraduate and graduate students from Mexico with a non-resident tuition waiver that allows students to be charged the resident tuition rate.
IELI and Certificate students are not eligible for the Mexican Waiver.
- A student must be a citizen or permanent resident of Mexico who resides in Mexico and who plans to return to Mexico to live immediately after finishing his/her educational program
- A student must be enrolled full-time in a degree-granting program unless fewer hours are required for graduation. Full-time enrollment includes a minimum of 12 semester credit hours per semester for undergraduate students and a minimum of 9 semester credit hours per semester for graduate students.
- A student must demonstrate financial need by submitting a personal statement that demonstrates the student’s financial need and explains how the Mexican Waiver addresses the student’s financial need and supports the student’s academic goals.
- A student must meet UNT’s admissions requirements and enrollment criteria, including maintaining UNT’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements.
Application Submission Process and Deadlines:
- The Mexican Waiver is now available as an e-form via iNorthTX.
- Students must complete the online Mexican Waiver application at iNorthTX.
- As the number of available Mexican Waivers is limited, students are encouraged to apply as early as possible each year and no later than August 1st.
- New students are encouraged to apply upon admission to a degree seeking program at UNT.
UNT’s Mexican Waiver is a program supported by the State of Texas to encourage students from Mexico with limited financial resources to enroll in Texas public institutions of higher education. The State of Texas regulates the number of Mexican Waivers UNT can issue each year. The State of Texas’ policies regarding the Mexican Waiver are subject to change.
This non-resident tuition waiver applies to tuition only.