Bringing the World to UNT
Student activities provide both American and international students opportunities for cross-cultural engagement and exposure to countries and cultures around the world. Programs and activities allow for international experiences for students right here on campus. In addition to international and cultural programming, the department provides specialized services to international student populations. Programs and events are held in Marquis Hall 130.
Meet students from around the world and experience authentic foods at Global EncoUNTers. Global EncoUNTers is an educational and social event series hosted by international students/organizations that have volunteered to present their culture, history, and heritage to the UNT community. The informative presentation, Q&A sessions, and traditional foods help to strengthen cross-cultural understanding, appreciation, and friendship.
NationaliTEA and World Brew
Join us for a unique look at cultures around the world with NationaliTEA and World Brew. These casual mixers allow students the opportunity to sample international beverages and snacks and to explore cultural aspects of the highlighted countries. Guest speakers may include students, faculty, or staff that have spent a considerable amount of time in the featured location.
English Conversation CommUNiTy
- Meet students from around the world
- Practice English language conversation skills
- Foster relationships among peers from different cultures
- Contribute to UNT's caring nature by helping to build campus community
- International and American students are encouraged to participate
- Meets every Friday at Noon during each long semester
Talk About it Tuesday
- World language conversation tables
- Learn a language!
- Share a language!
- Languages have included Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, English, Chinese, Portuguese, Persian, and German
- Meets every Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. during each long semester