Authorization for Employment in the U.S.
- Issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for temporary work directly related to your major area of study
- May be used before or after completion of studies
- You are eligible to receive a total of 12-months of OPT for each higher degree
- If you have been enrolled as a full-time student for at least one academic year and are in lawful F-1 status, you may be eligible to apply for OPT
- F-1 students are eligible to apply for up to one year of OPT per education level
- Once approved, you must report all changes in employment within 10 days by submitting the corresponding OPT e-form via iNorthTX
To apply for Post-Completion OPT
- Applicants must complete an OPT workshop presentation and pass a quiz
- View workshop presentation
- Complete the quiz and bring it to the ISSS office along with your application for an OPT I-20.