Transfer to UNT from another Institution

Thre transfer of form DS-2019 must be requested and initiated by the hosting professor at UNT. International Student and Scholar Services will contact the J-1 Responsible Officer to transfer your SEVIS record to UNT. 

The SEVIS transfer date will be a mutually agreed upon date between the current institution and UNT. The UNT DS-2019 will be issued once the SEVIS record has transferred. You will begin at UNT the day after you end at your current institution.

When transferring a J-1 program, you must remain in the same area of research/teaching. You must also remain in the same category - a research scholar will remain a research scholar.

Transfer to another Institution from UNT

We hope that you enjoy your experience at the University of North Texas, and that your research and teaching will be successful and rewarding. However, if your academics take you elsewhere, it may be possible to transfer your program to a new institution. 

You must discuss the move with the professor you are working with to arrange the end of your program at UNT.

Please complete and submit this form to ISSS will transfer your SEVIS record once the completed form is received.