International Orientation is Now ONLINE!
Please note: Online Orientation is for DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS only. IELI orientation is IN PERSON at the start of each 8-week session.
- As an incoming international student, you are required to take part in an online International Student Orientation.
- You will receive an email from UNT with a link to enroll in the online course prior to the start of the semester for which you have enrolled.
- If you have not received a link to enroll in the online course at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester for which you have enrolled, please contact us.
- All of the information provided below (and more!) is included in the online course.
To register for classes, ALL NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS must:
- Pay the international orientation and programming fee
- Complete the online international orientation course
- Submit required documents to iNorthTX
To register for classes, FRESHMAN and TRANSFER students must also:
- Graduate students are encouraged to attend New Graduate Student Orientation
- Music Majors must attend College of Music orientation and placement exams at the time specified in the admission letter
- Other Majors may require department orientations
- Teaching Excellence Seminar is required for new TA/TFs
What are HOLDS?
Holds are placed on the accounts of ALL new international students at the beginning of each semester. These holds do not allow you to register for classes. Holds will be removed from your account as you complete orientation requirements.