To work on campus, students must:
- Hold valid F-1 status
- Enroll in a full course of study at UNT in the fall and spring terms (12 credits for undergraduates, 9 credits for graduate students, 3 credits for dissertators.)
- Complete the Foreign National Information Form with the UNTSystem Tax Office.
- Employment must be on campus. This includes work in the UNT student union, libraries, recreational centers, and in academic and administrative departments.
- During the fall and spring terms, you may work up to 20 hours per week. There is no exception to the 20 hour-per-week rule, even if the employment is a teaching or research assistantship.
- Scheduled Vacation Periods (summer, semester break): Students who have maintained full-time status before the vacation, intend to register for the following semester, and who are not enrolled during the vacation period may work on campus full-time.
No special permission from International Student and Scholar Services is required to work on-campus.
No special permission from immigration is required to work on campus.
You must provide your employer documents to establish identification and employment eligibility, as listed on the I-9 form all new employees must complete.
F-1 students cannot work off campus without immigration permission.