Transferring your SEVIS record to another U.S. University

  1. Contact International Student and Scholar Services and your host (Global Engagement Advisor, Sponsored Student Advisor or Study Abroad Advisor).
  2. To transfer to another U.S. University, complete the Transfer Out Form NEEDS JOTS FORM.
  • Part 1 Should be completed by the J-1 Scholar/Student who would like to transfer to another institution in the United States.
  • Part 2 Request the Alternate Responsible Officer or Responsible Officer at the gaining institution to complete and return the Transfer Out Form by email to

Form must be approved by your host, ISSS, and the gaining institution for the SEVIS record to be transferred.